Last updated: March 1, 2019
- information collected through mediums other than UBL Services;
- information collected by any person or entity other than us, even if related to UBL Services (such as a third-party website, content, application or lead form), unless and until such other person or entity provides such information to us; or
How We Receive and Collect Your Information
We receive and collect several types of information about you, such as the information described below.
Information You Provide
From time to time, you may, directly or indirectly, provide us, with Your Information. Instances where you may provide Your Information include making reservations for services, purchasing wax passes or gift cards, creating, manipulating or updating accounts on or through UBL Services, completing surveys, purchasing other products or services, participating in Forums or submitting User Generated Content, accessing our Wi-Fi System or other systems and platforms in connection with UBL Services, signing up for Promotions or to receive newsletters or other materials about Unleashed by Lauren or otherwise for any reason associated with our business.
For example, when you book waxing services, you will provide information regarding the waxing services you are scheduling, as well as your first and last name, telephone number and e-mail address. In addition, when you make purchases, you may provide your physical address, including zip code, and credit card or other payment information.
A few other situations in which you may provide Your Information include:
- when you fill out forms or fields on or through UBL Services;
- when you communicate with us or request information about us or any UBL Service, whether via e-mail or other means; and
- when you participate in marketing initiatives, including Promotions.
Information that You Generate Using Our Communications Features
UBL Services may allow you to communicate, share or post information with us as well as other users through our Forums. For instance, you may participate in message boards, post public comments, send private messages, chat with other users and contribute, publish, post, submit, transmit or display information, statements and other content (“User Generated Content”). You expressly acknowledge and agree that we may access in real-time, record and store archives of any User Generated Content on our servers to make use of them in connection with any UBL Service.
Information Third Parties Provide
From time to time, you may interact with third-party sources in connection with UBL Services and we may therefore collect information about you from these sources. Third-party sources may include social media websites (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or others), blogs, other users, our third-party service providers and our other business partners. For example, if you use, access or interact with any UBL Service on or through a social media website or any features of such social media website (such as a Facebook Like button), then we will receive certain information about you from the social network automatically. The information that we will receive depends on the social network and your privacy settings.
General Use and Preference Information
We may collect, receive and store information regarding your general use of UBL Services (such as details of how and when you used UBL Services, how you interact with UBL Services, your login information, resources that you access, your Internet protocol address, your browser type and your device type), as well as your preferences.
When you access or use UBL Services through your computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information regarding and related to your device, such as hardware models and IDs, device type, operating system version, the request type, the content of your request and basic usage information about your use of UBL Services, such as date and time. In addition, we may collect information regarding application-level events, such as crashes, and associate that temporarily with your account to provide customer service. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
We may collect your location information in several ways. For example, we may collect your location information (as applicable): (i) if you search for a Unleashed by Lauren location by entering your zip code or other information; (ii) if you enable the collection of location information on your device; (iii) if a third party provides your location information to us; or (iv) through the use of other technologies. Our access to your location information may depend on your privacy settings. Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Phone Numbers and E-Mail Addresses
We may collect your phone number or e-mail address in several ways. For example, we may collect your phone number or e-mail address (as applicable): (i) if you submit your phone number or e-mail address to us on or through any UBL Service; (ii) by capturing your phone number or e-mail address if you call or e-mail us; or (iii) if a third party provides your phone number or e-mail address to us.
Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers
We and third parties acting on our behalf may use various technologies to collect and store information when you use UBL Services, including sending cookies, web beacons, pixel tags or other anonymous identifiers to your device. “Cookies” are pieces of data stored on a computer, mobile phone or other device. A “web beacon” is a type of technology that lets us know if you visited a certain page or whether you opened an e-mail. A “pixel tag” is a type of technology placed within a website or e-mail for the purpose of tracking activity, which is often used in combination with cookies. Other “anonymous identifiers” are random strings of characters used for the same purposes as cookies, such as with mobile devices where cookie technology is not available. These technologies play an important role in the provision of UBL Services. For example, these technologies help us (i) know that you are logged on, (ii) provide you with features based on your preferences, (iii) understand when you are interacting with UBL Services and (iv) compile other information regarding use of UBL Services.
The information collected through these technologies, standing alone, are not intended be used to determine your identity. Such information may, however, be combined in a way that makes it become personally identifiable information (for example, information that can identify you). For example, we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us. If this happens, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information.
Please note that, in most cases, you can remove or block cookies (such as by using the settings in your browser) but doing so may affect your ability to use UBL Services.
From time to time, we may participate in or use advertising networks, such as third-party advertising servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors and research firms. We may use these third-party advertising networks for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Advertising networks often gather data about consumers who view advertisements to make inferences about a consumer’s interests and preferences, which enables such networks to deliver advertisements directly targeted to the consumer’s specific interests. This practice is often referred to as “online behavioral advertising.” For example, a third-party advertising network might collect the type of Internet browser you use, the type of computer operating system you use, the domain name of a website you visit, whether or not you visit specific pages of a website, the location of your Internet service provider’s presence, the date and time of a visit to a website and other interactions between you and a website. Please see the “Online Behavioral Advertising” subsection of the “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” section below to read about how you can prevent certain third-party advertising networks from collecting information about you.
Some content or applications, including advertisements, may be served by third parties on UBL Services, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers and application providers. These third parties may collect information about you when you use UBL Services. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We may use Your Information for various lawful business purposes. Among others, these purposes may include using Your Information to:
- Engage in customer support and fulfill Transactions. For example, we might (i) confirm and complete Transactions requested by you, (ii) verify information that you provide to us, or (iii) provide you with administrative notices.
- Contact you and provide you with information. For example, we might provide or contact you through telephone, e-mail, postal or other communications with UBL Service updates, reminders, Promotions, surveys, offers, personalized information and other information from us or our business partners.
- Analyze, improve and manage UBL Services and operations. For example, we might (i) obtain feedback regarding UBL Services, (ii) understand and anticipate your needs and preferences, (iii) better understand your use of UBL Services, (iv) customize and tailor UBL Service content and advertising, (v) improve our marketing and promotional efforts, (vi) engage in statistical analysis, or (vii) provide feedback or information to our business partners, vendors, advertisers and other third parties.
- Display advertisements to third parties’ target audiences. For example, in the event that we display third-party advertisements on or within any UBL Service, if you click on or otherwise interact with such an advertisement, the applicable third party may assume that you meet its target criteria.
How We Disclose Your Information
General Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose Your Information:
- to any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive Your Information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
- to our affiliated companies, subsidiaries and franchisees and their respective employees, agents and representatives involved in delivering UBL Services and other products and services to you;
- to our third-party vendors within or outside of the United States so that they may provide support for our business operations, including for the handling of data processing, data verification, transaction processing, fraud prevention, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional, marketing and transaction materials and maintenance and security;
- to third parties in order to process payment or collect on your account;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- at your request;
- to third parties when you engage in certain activities through any UBL Service that are sponsored by such third parties, such as purchasing products or services offered by a third party, electing to receive information or communications from a third party or electing to participate in contests, sweepstakes, games or other programs sponsored, in whole or in part, by a third party;
- to third parties that are interested in contacting you or providing offers to you that may be related to any UBL Service or to products or services you may find of interest;
- as required by applicable law or ordered by a court, regulatory or administrative agency;
- as we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule, restriction or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another’s rights or property, including our rights or property;
- if requested by authorities in the event of any act instance of local, regional or national emergency;
- to enforce or protect our rights; or
- in connection with a Business Transfer (as defined in the “Business Transfers” section below).
Please note that the list above is not exhaustive and that we may, in our sole discretion, share, loan, rent, sell or otherwise disclose information we collect from you to third parties at any time, for any lawful purpose, without notice or compensation to you.
Aggregation and De-Personalization
We may take Your Information and de-identify it either by combining it with information about others (aggregating Your Information with information about other persons), or by removing characteristics (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you (de-identifying Your Information).
Sharing with Friends
All unsolicited information that you provide to us through UBL Services or through any other means, including information posted to any public areas of any UBL Service, such as bulletin boards, any ideas for new products or modifications to existing Products and other unsolicited submissions, is deemed to be non-confidential and we are free, and you hereby grant us the right, to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute such unsolicited information to others without limitation and without any requirement to provide notice, attribution or compensation to you.
Circumvention of Security Measures
Please be aware that methods of transmission and electronic storage are not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of Your Information or any voice or data transmissions, as third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or electronic storage. Further, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures of any UBL Service. Therefore, (i) you use each UBL Service at your own risk; (ii) you should not expect that Your Information or voice or data transmissions will always remain private; and (iii) we do not guarantee the performance or adequacy of our privacy settings or security measures. In the event that an unauthorized third party compromises our security measures, we will not be responsible for any damages, directly or indirectly, caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use, disclose or disseminate Your Information.
User Generated Content
You are responsible for your User Generated Content. Your User Generated Content is provided entirely at your own risk. Without limiting the foregoing, we may not be able to control, and are not responsible for, (i) who has access to your User Generated Content; or (ii) the actions of third parties who do receive access to your User Generated Content. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your User Generated Content may remain accessible to third parties, such as in cached or archived pages. Proper access and use of information provided on or through UBL Services, including User Generated Content, is governed by our Terms and Conditions.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding Your Information that you provide to us. Below are some mechanisms that provide you with control over certain information:
- Communications. If you do not wish to receive notifications, text messages, alerts, posts, notices, e-mails or other communications from us, you can opt-out of receiving such communications from us (other than service-related communications, such as those communications related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, change of password and other similar communications essential to your transactions on or through UBL Services) through your account settings or, to the extent applicable, by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of such communication or by e-mailing us at email@example.com. We will remove you from our marketing lists within a reasonable period of time and as required by applicable law. If you opt-out from receiving our marketing communications, you may continue to receive service-related communications, such as communications that are essential to your transactions on or through UBL Services.
- Accessing and Correcting Account Information. If any UBL Service allows you to create an account with us, then you may be able to review or update some or all of Your Information (as applicable) by logging into that UBL Service, visiting your account profile page and making changes.
- Online Behavioral Advertising. Certain third-party advertising networks that deliver behavioral advertising are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). You can prevent NAI member companies from collecting preference data about you by clicking here and following the NAI’s directions. Note that if you opt-out through the NAI, you will still receive advertising. In addition, if you opt-out through the NAI and later delete your cookies, use a different browser or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
Information that You Disclose to Third Parties
UBL Services, as well as the e-mail messages sent with respect to any UBL Service, may contain links or access to websites operated by third parties that are beyond our control. Links or access to third parties from UBL Services are not an endorsement by us of such third parties, or their respective websites, applications, products, services or practices. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, terms and conditions, practices or the content of such third parties. All information that you disclose to such third parties will be subject to the privacy policies and practices of such third parties. You should review the privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to disclosing information to them. If you have any questions about how these third parties use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
Operation of UBL Services in the United States
UBL Services are controlled, operated and administered by us from our offices within the United States. Your Information may be processed by us in the country where it is collected as well as other countries (including the United States) where laws regarding processing of Your Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By using any UBL Service or providing us with Your Information, you consent to this transfer and processing.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 13 and you should not provide us with any information regarding any individual under the age of 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered information from anyone under the age of 13, we will take reasonable measures to promptly remove that information from our records.
Changing Your Information
To the extent required by applicable law, you may request that we inform you about Your Information that we maintain, and where appropriate, request that we update, correct or suppress Your Information that we maintain in our active database. We will make all required updates and changes within the time specified by applicable law, and where permitted under applicable law, may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to such request. Please remember, if you make such a request, we may not be able to provide you with the same quality and variety of products and services to which you are accustomed. Please direct your requests to the address and person listed below under the section titled “How to Contact Us” below.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request regarding Your Information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org